Monday 28 February 2011

Belfast - Bits missing and bits added.

Belfast is always changing but at the weekend there were a couple of things that stood out.

Maybe I've missed this one in the past because I'm not sure how long it might have been like this. On the side of the Belfast Telegraph building at the weekend, one of their signs read as follows:

Be Fast Elegraph Ewspapers

I can only think that there is a rush on for some graphs about the zoo for the next paper? Anyone else have a theory? Is it a cryptic message to the masses?

Whilst some letters might be missing from the Newspaper building, there were also some new additions in town. As I mentioned back in December when 2 of the 8 were installed, there were 6 more to go and they're now in place. Those 'things' being the Belfast Iconic Feature Lighting Masts.

Signature Lighting Masts Donegal Place Belfast

Currently they are without sails (for the moment) but the masts are now a feature that almost all visitors to the city will come across. I'm not sure if they're going to be everyone's cup of tea but I do see in them something that reminds me of Cardassian Architecture from Star Trek Deep Space Nine and I think I quite like them.

What does everyone else think of them?

5 comments:

  1. love your photos
    sy
    http://www.sysprints.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look cool as an artform, but on the whole I don't like how they make the thoroughfare look more cluttered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sy, thanks very much, after looking at your blog I'm liking yours too :)

    @JD "We do exactly what we would do if this Q never existed. If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for who we really are" Captain Picard

    @Areil, I can really see where you're coming from. I think having seen them a lot more now, my bugbear is the lack of symmetry with them all just being on one side of the street. Should be interesting to see how it looks when the sails and lighting is added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I thought they looked Cardassian as well lol.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails